As a world-wide Social Media Platform & Community Makyn.me connects Artists & Benefactors for the purpose of eCommerce (selling their original work) & sharing artistic products & creative-driven services. Thus, Makyn.me is deeply committed to supporting & protecting freedom of speech and Art as a form of self-expression.
However, we need to establish some rules in order to protect the Community & our Members. Accordingly, we have set forth the following Community Guidelines to define categories of content & behavior we want to prevent. In this way, we can address each area of concern and prevent inappropriate content & behaviors from impacting or reaching our Community. Your compliance with these Community Guidelines helps protect our Members, Platform & Company Infrastructure & Community!
Makyn.me is FOR:
Makyn.me is an eCommerce, Social Club & Community Platform that connects Artists (Sellers/Vendors) & Patrons of the Arts (Buyers) in a community that is focused on the Arts! We promote the arts, diversity, education, & creativity! We want you to be able to express yourself freely!
Makyn.me is AGAINST:
- Terrorism: We DO NOT tolerate content that promotes, encourages, or incites acts of terrorism. That includes content which supports or celebrates terrorist organizations, their leaders, or associated violent activities. Report Terrorism.
- Hate Speech: Do NOT encourage violence or hatred. Do NOT post content for the purpose of promoting or inciting the hatred of, or dehumanizing, individuals or groups. If you encounter content that violates our hate speech policies, please report it. Report Hate- Speech. Please keep in mind that posts may lack taste or be offensive without necessarily encouraging violence or hatred. In a situation such as that, you may choose to block the individual who created the post, express your concerns to them in a direct manner, use our global channel on Makyn.me to speak up about an issue without calling out an individual, challenge concepts or commonly held ideas, raise awareness and/or generate discussion & debate about the subject.
- Discrimination: You may not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or disease, or any other protected class or group.
- Harm to Minors: Because of the potentially controversial or sensitive nature of some artistic content which may/may not be on our site, Makyn.me is NOT appropriate for viewers under the age of 18. As an Arts-based site, we tend to be a liberal bunch. Makyn.me may contain Sensitive or otherwise Mature Content that would not be suitable for all audiences, especially Minors. We care about Minors which are an impressionable group and should, therefore, be protected. We have gone to great lengths to prevent Minors from being exposed to content which may be inappropriate. Makyn.me REQUIRES that our Members of legal age to participate in our Community. YOU MUST BE: 1) OVER 18 years of age 2) Use a valid debit/credit card to transact the purchase of your subscription in order to access ANY Content, regardless of whether that Content may/may not be considered Mature. Take particular care when posting anything involving a Minor. Do NOT post or solicit anything relating to Minors that is sexually suggestive or violent. Report Harm to Minors.
- Bullying, Intimidation or Harassment: Be a decent human being. Within reason, if someone politely asks you to stop (insert behavior here) or exercises their right to say “No,” you should respect their wishes and cease the behavior if possible. Do not bully, intimidate or harass any Member for any reason. Members who engage in such activities will not be tolerated as these types of behaviors directly conflict with the Spirit of the Makyn.me Community & demonstrate a lack of respect for other Members.
- Promotes or Glorifies Self-Harm: Do NOT post content that actively promotes or glorifies self-harm. This includes content that urges or encourages others to perform harmful acts toward themselves, including but not limited to the following: cut or otherwise injure themselves; embrace eating disorders (e.g. anorexia or bulimia); or promotes committing suicide rather than encouraging the individual to seek counseling, help, treatment, or join together in supportive conversation with those suffering or recovering from depression or other conditions. Dialogue about these behaviors is important & online communities can be extraordinarily helpful to people struggling with these difficult conditions. Our goal is for Makyn.me to be a Community that facilitates awareness, support & recovery. Therefore, we will remove content that actively promotes or glorifies self-harm. Report Self-Harm.
- Unmarked Mature or Sensitive Content: Makyn.me is a Member-Oriented Community Platform that connects people from diverse locations, cultures, backgrounds & beliefs. While some Members may not mind sensitive or mature content on their dashboard, there will be others who find it offensive & who would prefer not to view such content. While we attempt to automatically categorize content that might not be suitable for all viewers, you can help us respect the choices of people in the community by preemptively marking any sensitive material you post. Examples of Mature Content would include nudity in an artistic, educational, or photojournalistic context. It may also include Violent Content
- If you’re considering posting materials that may contain Mature or Sensitive Content, please refer to our Prohibited & Restricted Content.
- If it is allowed but restricted, you are required to categorize it as “Mature Content” BEFORE publishing.
- If you regularly post Mature Content or verbiage in your Activity, Wall, or Projects we ask that you mark your Profile as “Private” and all of your CONTENT as MATURE CONTENT, to reiterate, our intent is to be respectful of the views & beliefs of all of our Members while respecting your right to free speech.
Marking your posts in this way will NOT prevent Members who are inclined to view your content from seeing it. It will not prevent Members from using any of Makyn.me’s features—it simply helps us to respect our Members who do not desire to view Mature Content that may make someone uncomfortable.
- Threats: Do NOT post content which includes violent threats toward individuals or groups, to include: threats of theft, property damage, or financial harm. Don’t post content that encourages or incites violence, glorifies acts of violence, or the perpetrators of violent acts. Report violent threats.
- Violent Content, Gore & Mutilation: Do NOT post violent content or gore just to be shocking. Don’t showcase the mutilation or torture of human beings, animals (including bestiality), or their remains. Report gore & mutilation.
- Uploading Sexually Explicit Video: You may embed anything in a Makyn.me post as long as it’s lawful & follows our Community Guidelines & other Terms of Service. Uploading any type of sexually explicit video on Makyn.me is considered pornography AND IS PROHIBITED!
- Non-Genuine Schemes: We desire to help our Artists create TRUE FANS. Driving organic traffic for customers to take interest in your work & support you as a Creator! Do NOT participate in any type of scheme intended to drum up non-genuine Follows, Likes, etc… Do NOT make use of any feature offered by Makyn.me to indiscriminately drive traffic to bolster your content or website.
- Links: Do NOT include deceptive or fraudulent links in your posts. This includes giving links misleading descriptions, including the wrong “source” in a post, setting misleading links on images, or embedding links to that lead to any type of advertisement that is not directly from Makyn.me or part of our Member Benefits & Perks Program.
- Misattribution or Non-Attribution: Ensure that you ALWAYS give proper attribution! Include the full link-back to your original source(s). When you find something amazing on Makyn.me, share it with your friends! But please DO NOT inject a link back to your blog to steal attention from the original post. Report Misattribution or Non-Attribution.
- Username/URL Abuse: Makyn.me’s Usernames & URLs are intended for the use & enjoyment of our Community & Members. You MAY NOT amass, accumulate, accrue, stockpile, rack up, buy, trade, sell, launder, invest in Usernames or URLs. Report Username/URL Abuse.
- Account Dormancy: Your account will NOT go dormant, inactive, or be removed from our Membership Rolls AS LONG AS your Membership Subscription is current AND you are a Member in Good-Standing, abiding by applicable law & Makyn.me’s Policies & Guidelines.
- Spam: Do NOT spam! Spam is considered sending multiple & repetitive messages, posts or replies. Do NOT use deceptive means to generate revenue or create traffic. It is also not acceptable to create Member Accounts with the sole purpose of affiliate marketing.
- Tags: Refrain from putting misleading or deceiving tags on your posts. Do NOT load your content, posts, or listings down with irrelevant tags. However, meaningful uses of tags are a great way to add meaning or context to a post as well as help extend reach! #irrelevant #messages #aside
- Mass Registration or Automation: Do NOT register accounts or post content automatically, systematically, or programmatically.
- Unauthorized Contests, Sweepstakes, or Giveaways: Please follow our guidelines for contests, sweepstakes, & giveaways.
- Copyright or Trademark Infringement: Respect the copyrights & trademarks of other Artists & Creatives! As an Arts-Based Community, we have a duty & responsibility to uphold the Intellectual Property Rights of Artists & Creatives everywhere! If you are not legally permitted by license or allowed to use someone else’s copyrighted or trademarked work by legal exceptions & limitations, such as Fair Use, DO NOT POST IT!We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as per our Terms of Service & the Digital Millennium Copyright Act; please see our DMCA Notification Form to file a copyright claim online. We require a valid DMCA notice before removing content. Parties alleging trademark infringement should assert a claim identify the allegedly infringing work, note the legal basis for their claim, & include the registration and/or application number(s) pertaining to their trademark. A member of our Team reviews each claim that is filed.If we remove content in response to a copyright or trademark claim, the Member who posted the allegedly infringing material will be provided with information from the complainant’s notice, such as identification of the rightsholder & documentation regarding the allegedly infringed work so the Member may determine the basis of the claim.Both parties may make their case with regard to copyright claims. The posting Member may file a DMCA counter-notification with Makyn.me, as described in our Terms of Service. Counter-notifications that our Team determines to be valid will result in restoration of the content at issue subsequent to the required waiting period indicated by the DMCA. With regard to trademark claims, the posting Member may send us an appeal explaining their side of the situation, along with any relevant materials we should take into consideration. A successful trademark appeal will also result in restoration of the content at issue. Repeated copyright infringement will cause us to evaluate the Standing of a Member’s Account using the “Three-Strike Rule”. Each valid copyright infringement notice will constitute a strike. Three strikes will result in the termination of a Member’s Account & REMOVAL of all associated privileges, benefits & services. When a Member submits a valid DMCA counter-notification, we will subsequently remove the associated strike from their record. Report Copyright Infringement. Report Trademark Infringement.
- Confusion or Impersonation. Do NOT deliberately cause confusion between you, (e.g. your company, your content, or your blog) and another (person or company). Do NOT impersonate any person or company, nor should you pretend to be anything that you are not. Report Confusion or Impersonation
- Harassment. Don’t engage in targeted abuse or harassment. Don’t engage in unwanted sexualization or sexual harassment of others. If anyone is sending you unwanted messages or reblogging your posts in an abusive way, we encourage you to be proactive and block the hell out of them. And if someone blocks you, don’t attempt to circumvent the block feature or otherwise try to communicate with them. Just stop. Report Harassment
- Trolling: Deliberately making offensive or provocative online posts with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
- Privacy Violations: Do NOT use Makyn.me to obtain personal information in a deceptive manner. Do NOT post content that violates anyone’s privacy. This includes any personally identifiable information AND confidential information like credit card numbers, social security numbers, or unlisted contact information. Do NOT post non-consensual works—that is, private photos or videos taken or posted without the subject’s consent. Report Privacy Violations
- Doxing: Doxing is the act searching for and/or publish private, identifying information about ANY individual on the Internet, especially with malicious intent. Often doxing is done in an effort to extort, coerce, inflicting harm, harass, shame others online, or as a means of exacting vigilante justice, or justice outside of the law. Doxing, for ANY reason, is not acceptable behavior on Makyn.me
- Hacktivism: You are PROHIBITED from to use this Platform or the faculties we provide or any other form of technology in order to promote a political agenda or social change.
- Disruptions: As a Community, we do NOT want our Members to cause disruption of service for other Members. Please refrain from participating in activities which could prevent others from enjoying the benefits & services that we provide. If you have found a bug or are experiencing a technical difficulty, you may submit a Bug Report or contact Support.
- Exploitation: You must be the creator of the content that you post on Makyn.me. You may not exploit, or otherwise take advantage of a person, situation, etc. for your own ends, as this type of behavior is unethical and/or unjustifiable. Makyn.me stands against the exploitation of our Artist Members & the resources of the Earth for gain. We also PROHIBIT the exploitation of the products and/or services listed by our Members in any way.
- Resource Abuse: We also request that our Members refrain from otherwise abusing Makyn.me’s resources.
- Unauthorized Use: Do NOT attempt unauthorized use of Makyn.me.
- Unlawful Use, Content, or Services: Do NOT use Makyn.me to conduct illegal activities or engage in illicit behaviors. Examples would include (but are not limited to) fraud, money laundering, & phishing. It is also PROHIBITED to offer any service(s) that you are not certified, licensed or otherwise qualified to perform according to the law. When offering to provide any goods, products or services on Makyn.me, you MUST comply with ALL applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
- Human Trafficking & Prostitution: Do NOT use Makyn.me to facilitate sex trafficking, other forms of human trafficking, or illegal prostitution. If you see any type of activity on Makyn.me, report it, & encourage victims to contact law enforcement or the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888.
If we conclude that a Member is violating our Community Guidelines or posted Policies, you may receive a notice via email. If you fail to explain or do not correct your behavior, we may take action against your Member Account. We take into consideration the severity of the violation & the intent behind it. However, for certain issues, we have a Zero-Tolerance Policy and there may be immediate and irrevocable consequences for your Member Account depending on the type of behavior involved.
We do our best to provide outcomes that are fair toward all respective parties. However, ultimately we reserve the right to suspend Member Accounts or remove content, with or without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
We are particularly concerned with protecting our benefits & services, infrastructure, resources, Members, & Community. We reserve the right to enforce or not enforce, these guidelines at our sole discretion.
Note: These Community Guidelines do NOT create a duty or represent any contractual obligation which requires Makyn.me to act in a particular manner.
Makyn.me reserves the right to amend or change these guidelines using the procedures set forth in our Terms of Service.
Previous Versions of Community Guidelines
Currently, there are no previous versions of our Community Guidelines on GitHub! However, in the future, you will be able to locate & view historical versions of our Community Guidelines & compare the updated terms.